Quote:

Looks to me like you are not reading Dan's posts.They are not confusing.An L Code car is a 2bbl ...not a 4 bbl.Galens production figures are taken from the 1970 SG 30's...an option and accesories report printed every year that breaks down all the options by percentage points.As stated ..the N code cars could have either the 330 or 335 horse 4 bbl engine....the SG30's do not differentiate between the two.I've seen 3 N code converts come up for sale in the last 3 years...only one had AC,one had the 335 horse eng with the 355 perf axle package and one had no fender tag.The actual production figure for these cars is probably closer to 50 as the 36 figure is for US cars only....does not include Canadian cars or Export Cars.

Exactly!! There were 59 total N code converts built in 70-6 3 speeds, 17 4 speeds, and 36 automatics. There are NO color breakdowns so 1 of 1's have to be verified only by known examples. I know of a guy around here who owns a JH23N0 Challenger that he was going to put all the stuff on a R/T body, but I told him it was rarer than the R/T and to build it as original. I hope he follows that advice. As far as the L vs N codes the L is for 2bbl and nothing else,not blue 4bbl or orange 4bbl but 2 bbl plain and simple. Either way you have a nice rare car and should enjoy it as such. I have a 6 cylinder 70 Challenger convert. I am waiting for some$$$ to restore and thats how it will be done

416 stroker from Nick at Compu-flow. 11.14 in full street trim. Seems like a new best every time out.
11.06 open headers----so far!!