As promised, an order to Pizza Hut delivery was placed, and when Dale came back with the Gremlin, I gave him the spot on the pad, and took the Valiant for it's first test drive. I was happy with everything except the way it drove, it was pulling to the left a bit, and just felt sloppy, like it was rolling around on the rear suspension. I chalked it up to 9 months since I'd driven it on the street, and convinced myself I'd just have to get used to it. On a positive note the engine sounded great, no exhaust leaks, and the new rear discs worked excellent. I pulled her over close to Dale's water hose, so I could wash the grime off in the morning before I loaded the old girl on the trailer.

At nearly the same time our Pizza Hut order arrived, Jacque came home with Little Ceasar's Pizza. She gave us a shrug, and laughed, "I didn't want to cook again!"
"Agreed, We didn't either, so, the more the merrier!"

That seemed to be the theme for the evening, it was as if the prodigal son had returned. Thirty minutes after we pushed Dales's Gremlin on the pad, an army showed up to help. Will and Michelle, Declan and Glade Evans, Kelton, Cody...suddenly it felt like Hell Week! Only so many people can crowd around a 90 inch wheelbase car and work, so Rachael and I were looking for things we could do away from the actual Gremlin. We decide to take the hood in the garage and mount all the new dzus fasteners. Not a complicated or difficult job, but it would be one less thing Dale would have to deal with.

IMG_0068.JPGIMG_0073.JPG20170908_204528.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines