Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Originally Posted By Blusmbl
Is the battery charger on the convertible yet??

I am going to try to make it out to Great Lakes Dragaway. I've heard the turnout was stellar in previous years for Drag Week!

The convertible is officially retired. The red GTX is by all means ready to go as a back up.

Has the red GTX been fired up and had a few miles put on it...... Recently?

The red car was Oh so close last year. We fired it up around 2am Saturday morning, the day before tech, and the engine had almost zero oil pressure. The lifters were grooved and with the cam lift, it was bleeding off from there. It was too big of a risk to load it up and drive the 700 miles to Columbus and hope a set of new lifters would cure it. Joel replaced them after we got back, and all was well. He drove it maybe 10 miles, then has not touched it since. He was so bummed about doing all that work, and spending a ton of money on it, to even look at it again. Can't say I blame him. I'd actually feel more comfortable bringing that car then the coupe, but IF we make the entire week, it's going to be one epic trip.

I'm off now to get race gas, and with fingers crossed, we should have it fired up tonight.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner