Originally Posted By StealthWedge67

What do you mean it doesn't say anything about tows on the track..... It says right there: "All vehicles must be driven under their own power during the entire Drag Week competition and may not be towed, trailered, pushed, or hauled at any time."

Explain to me how this does NOT mean on the track???
Good point, but the part you did NOT quote addresses that very clearly
Quote:
The exception is in the event of an emergency in which a
vehicle needs to be removed from the roadway or other dangerous situation, in which case assistance may be
used to move the car a short distance to a safe area
A breakdown on the track would seem to qualify. It doesn't say who can give assistance, or for exactly how long/far. It's up to the Race Director. The incident being discussed
Quote:
Here's another rules question for ya Billy.....or anyone else for that matter.

On day 2, Tom Bailey has an issue on the track, and the car is unable to get back to pits under its own power.
It appears to have gotten a tow back to the pits by the 1320video crew, and they were talking like he might come back for another run(this was before they knew it was doa).

I thought you could only get a tow back to the pits from another competitor, otherwise you are done.

really doesn't create a precedent because the racer dropped out. If he wanted to continue, that could be protested and possibly set the stage for further rule clarification.
Quote:
PROTESTS
•Protesting another racer requires detailing the rule infraction in writing, submitting a $100 fee, and supplying
any evidence, including photos or video. If the protest is upheld or negated by forfeiture, the $100 is returned. If
it is not upheld, the $100 goes to the racer being protested.
I haven't been a competitor, so if you have some behind the scenes info to contribute I'd like to hear/read about it.

Last edited by Skeptic; 10/06/17 10:07 PM. Reason: quote Fast68Plmouth