Friday 9/8

Boone left to get the Ruster aligned before Rachael and I got around to leaving, so Rachael wanted me to take her out for breakfast on our way out to Dale's.
"You talked Boone and I into Olive Garden for supper last night, so we aren't going out again", I scolded her, "We have work to do today!"
"Well then, take me by Walmart so I can get some stuff to cook at Dale's, and to stock up for the trip", she countered.
"All right", I agreed, "but you brought a whole cooler of meat!"
"That's for the trip", she shook her head, "Besides, I'm sure you need something you are forgetting too".
She grabbed a cart and went one way, I grabbed one and went the other. When we met in the middle I explained to her that I needed jeans because I only brought two pair.
"Apparently I do too!" She turned around to show me her stretchy jeans had split next to one pocket. We were in Walmart nearly ninety minutes, and I walked out a tick short of two hundred dollars lighter...perhaps breakfast out might have been a better idea.

When we arrived at Dale's, I checked my phone for messages, because it had chirped at me several times. I noticed that Dale had sent a picture of the Gremlin around midnight. Darren had texted back immediately, "Does it Run". Dale's answer had been a cryptic "Some". That didn't sound encouraging, and a closer look at the pic revealed the Gremlin was nowhere near fully assembled, as the grille and headlight buckets were not on. The group of texts I heard were from Boone however. He had to wait on the alignment, so he had taken the car over to get graphics Dale had ordered applied to the roof of the car. When he was unloading it from the trailer he had discovered that in their rush to re-install the engine someone had kinked the oil pump feed line against the k-member, so that was an issue we would have to deal with when he showed back up at Dale's place.

21687830_1575303372490410_5579098809429889456_n.jpgb7XS1p1Q-797851021 - Copy.jpgvudJM0zx-1300105542.jpgvzGMU5Mb-1294774414.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines