The entire SME session took place in an hour and four minutes. A hundred and twenty 10.00 and up cars recorded passes in that time, with a handful making second hits before Lonnie Grimm opened up the third session, and Brian called us to the lanes. Credit for such an efficient use of time goes both to the track operations crew, as well as a group of motivated racers who were ready to hit the road, and had their stuff figured out by day 4!

Rachael and Pops had went up to watch Derik run in the SME session, so when the call went out for us to head to the lanes, we were a little surprised, even though we had all day to be ready. Darren helped me toss the hood on the Valiant, and I followed Dale and the Gremlin up as Boone pulled out behind me in the Ruster.

The pair of 5.9 Cummins racers, Robert Berry in his stick shifted, ratrod 45 Chevy, and Jessie Harris' 80 C-10, made the most memorable pass of the SME session as their spooling antics on the starting line completely fogged in the tower! The runs were just as spectacular as the show though with both of them solidly in the tens.

Twin cummins.jpgtwin tens.jpg21743863_10155789250157112_4913453219666170315_o.jpgIMG_0708.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines