Boone and I helped Michelle and Will push the Purple Duster back onto the return road so they could get to the lanes for their first attempt. While Boone was right there, I had him help check the trans fluid in the Valiant, and we brought it up to the full mark. This would be Drag Week #3 since we rebuilt the 904 and I didn't want to give it any excuse to leave me stranded.

Marty Gorman's impeccably worn 72 Valiant ran 12.53-110 with the stock stroke small block being capably handled by driver Fake Billy, the engine builder.

"Is that name on the door a shot at you?" Rachael had asked me during tech the day before.
"My dear daughter", I explained to her at the time, "Probably not, but always assume the Canadians are making fun of you, until it's 100 percent proven otherwise. If the teasing gets worse the more you act offended, that means they like you!"

Two pairs later Scott Abbott made the long awaited debut of his 67 Belvedere with the 588 millennium headed Hemi aboard. Considering he had zero time on the car, the 12.92-105 checkout pass was likely a prudent plan, but I knew he'd be back for more before the day was done. The same could be said for Terry Keifer, who's Fire Amber 67 Plymouth Barracuda rolled a fourteen flat to start their third Drag Week. If you blow up the bottom picture you can tell it's of Terry's slow pass because the look on his face is one of utter disgust.

395-Day-1-Race-Action-Cordova-Drag-Week-2017.jpgmartyhumor.jpg22042035_1695153553828702_1980819767039666948_o.jpg404-Day-1-Race-Action-Cordova-Drag-Week-2017.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines