The number one goal when we came down from Canada was just to finish Drag Week, I didn’t want to put all the effort into putting the back car together only to be break on the first day and end up spending the week watching from the stands. It was a really fun trip and to make it more interesting my brother and a friend of his rode their street bikes down from Winnipeg and followed us throughout the week, they stopped at every road side attraction and micro-brewery they could find to try the product each day and may have had an even better time than Mike and myself.
For the most part the biggest issue we had was that the car stared using a ton of oil on the second day but we managed to keep it going with a few spark plug swaps as well as changing the intake gaskets on the third night of the event. This oil consumption slowed the car from the 12:40’s it was running back a few weeks before at the track in Gimli Manitoba but I really didn’t care as the goal was only to finish. I was still nice to finish mid pack in our class which was really exactly where I figured the car should end up based on the 2016 times in that class.
I will definitely be back for another Drag Week next time it comes back to the Chicago area, the only thing is I will probably let my nephew who is turning 16 this year and his friend drive the car…and I’ll spend the days stopping at the micro-breweries…

IMG_1902.JPG

A new iron curtain drawn across the 49th parallel