With Brian and the 31 Chrysler coupe's single, I went from being paired with Tracy Grim's 442, to beside Larry Armstrong's Willy's pick-up, with Dale just one pair behind, at that point the brothers went into full launch of their plan. Boone was consulting with Dale, while Darren yanked my door open.
"We've been talking with PJ in the Falcon, and he's agreed to drive around you, so we can match you up with Dale", he explained.
"Darren!" I shoved my hands forward toward the windshield, "we are under the tower, and I'm only two sets from running!" "There isn't enough room to make this happen!"
"Hey!" He laughed and shook his head, "the Valiant and Falcon were compact cars in the early sixties, we'll get him to pull in the middle, then we'll guide you back, so he can pull in front of you!"
"We are already paired, and under the tower, we are twenty feet from the red line where you are supposed to be strapped in and ready for competition, and you want to attempt this now?"
"Relax", Darren instructed me, "this isn't a National event, and it isn't an elimination round." He slapped me on the shoulder, "the Gremlin is going to whip your butt, and the rest of us are going to have a front row seat for it!"
With that he shut my door and started guiding PJ Nadeau and the more door 60 Falcon to a spot between me and the Willy's.

IMG_0518 - Copy.JPGIMG_0512.JPGIMG_0527.JPGIMG_0530.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines