Quote:

Moper you should be proud after 4 pages of total crap you my friend can say you are the only one that gets it kudos. the car of mention has been all over the net and the good folks on here have helped this guy spend a small fortune on parts through blind trust to no positive results . all parts mentioned here were installed after the heat issues ,your point is spot on about looking at the engine . the heat gun will show hot spots on the exhaust headers i.e. glowing red .when matt the owner installed the larger carb and induced more fuel it just fueled the fire and hence got hoter yet .after all the screwing around i think the rings and valve springs are dead or close to it .now the fix who ever installed the heads would be the place i would start my look starting with shims under the rocker shafts = hanging ex valves also a slipped balancer and other poss timing issues = retarded timing etc. with all the people involved this car is fubared . one last point the trans could slip if the new intake has altered the kick down linkage and removed line presure .c

Perhaps you could tell us where you got all your experinece and when you actually looked and worked on this car that you seem to know all about.