Quote:

Now im running 3.55's in the back (just verfied in but jacking up the Dana 60 and turning the tire an counting the driveshaft rev's) with a 25" tire. Im going to a 26.6" tire tomorrow.

But damn if this heat issue isnt bugging the hell out of me. Im taching 3000 RPM at 50 mph.

Assuming that your tire diameter of 25in is correct and the speedo/tach are also correct.... the [Email]3000rpm@50mph[/Email] is showing 24% converter slippage. This will generate a LOT of heat. If the transmission fluid is plumbed into the rad then into the cooler afterwards this is taxing the cooling system big time.

problem #1: the torque converter...it's on the way out based on the calculated slippage and generating too much heat.

problem #2: If the trans is plumbed into the rad then this is another contributing factor to your overheating at cruise speed. Run the B&M cooler as a stand alone unit after you replace the converter to reduce the load on your cooling system.

I've ran several loose converters over the years with the B&M stacked plate cooler with never a problem.

As for the rad, the aluminum unit should be plenty. My buddy runs a 22in Summit aluminum rad in his 671 supercharged B-body with a pusher fan and it cools fine in the summer heat in traffic....we all know how much heat Roots blowers generate.

In 95* ambiant air temps it stays between 195-200 in traffic jams. As soon as the car starts moving it drops down to 180. That car is also running a 4500 stall but the trans cooling is done through a stand alone unit. For reference : the previous rad was a re-cored 26in 3 row c-body unit that would hit 230* in light traffic on a warm day...the dual pass 22in alum rad was a huge improvement.

Ron