Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Personally, I think MOPAR guys believing that a MOPAR shop HAS to build, or knows more about MOPAR motors, is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Sorry to sound harsh, but a motor is simply an air pump and that does NOT change based on what the valve covers say it is. All the MOPARs has "nuances" stuff is a bunch of crap. Power is power and you know how to make it or you don't. Proper machining is proper machining and you can do it or you can't. Period, end of story.

Wescott is a prime example. LONG time Chevy guy and was immediately a top player with a HEMI. Why, because he KNOWS how to make power and how the pump works.

And look at it this way, if your primary business is wedge Mopars, lets face it, you have been exposed to NO cutting edge stuff in years. So what have you learned about making power. On the other hand, if you build EVERYTHING, you see what is out there and what works. Then you try and apply what you learn to other makes.

And dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Correction factors can be incorporated to make that sheet say whatever you want it to. I am with Andy...........a 1000hp, pump gas, Mopar wedge.......that's a TALL order. And guys can claim they have whatever, but me personally, have NEVER seen one of these "1000 hp pump gas" deals perform like that is what it has for power. MPH doesn't lie........dyno sheets do

And no way I would "part the motor out".........you will get .25 cents on the dollar that way. Probably a simple fix. Set it aside until you can have someone look at it

You are probably correct on the simple fix thing Monte, I just threw the 10k number out there because evidently, the OP says the whole thing is [censored] and needs to be fixed. So I ASSume the cam is wrong, all the machining needs corrected and things like that.

The OP will most certainly make it WAY more painful parting it out.

I am going to ask my engine if it knows what brand it is. If it does, I guess I need to find a MoPar guru to finish it because I'm not a qualified MoPar expert.

BTW, it is an impossiblibilty for a dyno to lie. Dyno's do not lie. Flow benches do not lie. It is the CROOKS that run them who lie. I HATE liars.

There is NO EXCUSE in this day and age why you can't get on the phone and learn enough to know that a 1k PG MoPar is a damn big cat to skin. And, while your bullet is on the pump, the customer SHOULD be standing there watching and learning. And ask every question that comes to mind. If the question is not answered to your satisfaction, ask it again. If the builder can't answer it, you can figure you are getting a big ten inch (lie).

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston