[size:23pt][/size]In April 2014 I contacted MM to build an engine. Told them I wanted a big CI pump gas engine. After talking to the owner (Mike Ware) he sold me on a 1000 hp 622 w/PSO heads and a Callies crank. Told me most racers don't want a big CI pump gas engine and he has personally wanted to do one but never had the time. We agreed on a price and I was told I would have it by June.

July comes around, no engine. Am told all machine work is done, just waiting to be assembled. August....no engine. Tells me "This isn't a simple 500 hp 451 that I could have a less experienced person assemble and that he (Mike Ware) was personally going to assemble it."

Early Dec I get a picture of short block. Late Dec am told heads need pushrod tubes. 3 weeks later get picture of engine on dyno minus intake,only to discover intake and spacers need epoxied. Engine comes off dyno. 2 weeks later back on dyno and after initial startup am told its over oiling top end and it filled vacuum pump puke tank with oil. I personally think it also sucked the pan dry. Their fix was have pushrods made with restricters. Engine comes back off dyno. 2 weeks later back on dyno and HP numbers are low. Checked cylinder pressure and it only has 140 psi cylinder pressure. Said he was being conservative with compression.....uh huh. Now have to mill heads. Engine comes back off dyno. Back on dyno for the 3rd time after heads get milled and now has 150 psi. Mid March Sends me email saying its ready.

Once I get it first thing I notice is they put a Powerbond balancer on a 1000 horse engine with a Callies crank. Also has wrong oil pump cover. 4 weeks later they send correct pump cover and I buy proper balancer. Once I get it running engine gets to 150 degrees and only has 15-20 psi oil pressure at 1200rpm. That's cause they didn't bush lifter bores and why it over oiled the top end. I shut it down for 1/2 hour, restart it and hear all kinds of clatter under valve cover. Pull cover and find exhaust valve locked up in the guide. I contact them and am told it was good when it left there, I said no it wasn't. Then they told me send it back and they will fix all issues for free. Im thinking I was just told it was good when it left, now they are going to fix all issues for free???? Told them they had their chance and f-ed it up. And How could an engine with 150 psi cyl pressure make 1000hp??? If Mike is so proud and sure of his engine he could buy it back. Said they cant do that. ...Personally Im tired of sinking cash into this and am going to part it out. Im scared to run it for fear it'll grenade itself and destroy bottom end. Never even made it on the trailer. Already got some one local interested in heads.

Others on here warned me about MM, but I trusted them and got shafted.

Edit....The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

Last edited by steve660; 06/23/15 11:46 PM.

PSO headed 632 from MM. Cracked cylinder, loose valve seats, low oil pressure, low cylinder pressure.
..... Now its a door stop....