Quote:

Quote:

even hemphill doesnt run a mopar motor anymore,and he builds mopars !!!

Tom H. gave up racing several years ago. Still has the car but he's on a LONG break and helping others.

I have a view from the other side to throw in this conversation
I have built and race Mopars only for 25 years or more--I came home from the hospital in a 50 Plymouth and I LOVE me some Mopars but...
I recently started racing and playing with a front engine dragster nostalgia car that happens to sport a 350 sbc I built the engine that is in the car from Craigslist parts, some nice new rockers and valve springs etc--a new set of rods and some nice machine work --I bet I don't have $2000 in it less the stack fuel injection Hilborn unit which I did buy at the flea market with a fuel pump for a mere $600! It is running mid five second range and I have to say....I can stop on the way home from work for milk and they have dome pistons for it on the shelf! It is easy as can be to score quality parts.
Now...I am serious about building some real power and started shopping for real race parts and it is an EYE OPENER--My local warehouse has 6 different blocks in stock--dozens of rod choices and cranks, etc It is always in stock.
The crazy amount of quality used parts is simply stunning!
It is refreshing and has made building a good race piece reasonable $$$

We as Mopar Guys have been paying a "Mopar Tax" on everything we have ever bought--- and even though we now enjoy more parts than ever in the aftermarket--we are light years behind on heads alone--

I run my cars for the love of speed and competition--not because I support some brand that has never cared about little ole me.

A good look from the other bench can be an eye opener and good learning experience.