Quote:

Quote:

josh king just posted that the world mopar blocks are back in production and that arrow racing engines is doing the machining.they should be available in the next couple months.thats good news ,but still doesnt address the need for good replacement b/rb and hemi blocks for the average joe racer.....

and the average joe racer is not going to see one because average joe racer is so cheap he squeaks when he walks.

I doubt you will ever see a B/RB/Hemi Mopar block at the same price level as chevy/ford. Sadly it's just not going to happen because it can't be done and make a profit in the amount of time required. Even when the [censored] claimed they could do it for $1500, almost everyone was salivating but guess what, never happened and it was more than likely tooling costs even going overseas ... it's easier to sell thousand or 2 sets of heads that look STOCK ... because that's what average joe racer wants ... for $899, but most guys won't pony up 1500 - 2k for a block when they can run a $400 stock block.

If there was money to be made Dart would have made them 15 yrs ago , when people actually had money ...

Exactly right. What company would risk losing money to cater to only a few non-cheapskate MoPar racers?? Why didn't aftermarket blocks sell like hotcakes while they were available before?? Because 95% of the old school MoPar racing crowd wants cheap factory blocks, and they're drying up. I consider myself lucky to own a Megablock, but if it ever cracks, gets windowed, or whatever else turns it into a boat anchor, that will be it for me.