Personally I would love to see a new aftermarket SB or BB block. It does not make that much sense to develop right now financially, it would make about as much sense as it would have to come out with a new flat-head ford V8 block 20 years ago. If someone that already had the tools and know how to do one it would make sense for a stock but much stronger block. Stretched bore centers are going to eliminate tons and tons of buyers because of the expense of replacing EVERYTHING.

A SB would make more sense with a 4.25 bore, I know if they were somewhat affordable I would build one for my R/T dakota with a 4.25 crank. Prefer AL but iron would do.

In the grand scheme of things though the gen III would make most financial sense if you had to make one from scratch and it would need a bigger bore and more strength, that is the only thing the factory blocks lack in and it is only a problem in the very high end stuff. Of course lots of guys with the newer cars would buy one just to get more displacement for bragging rights

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!