Quote:

The Gen III is where its at RIGHT NOW, you have drag racers loving them and an entire market of new Mopar gearheads with 2006 and newer hot rods that are putting blowers and turboes on by the 100's. One example, take ANY Charger RT from 68-71 and put it against my wifes 2012 Charger RT and I can promise you will see nothing but tail lights of my wifes car. Things are a changing guys.

While I admire your passion, you have let it run away with you on this one. You simply cannot support your conclusions in the real world.

The new generation of Hemis are a very good design and we are very fortunate to have them. BUT THEY CANNOT NOR WILL NOT REPLACE THE WEDGES AND 2ND GEN HEMIS AS THE "GO-TO" ENGINES FOR MOST MOPAR MUSCLE CAR GUYS!

And there are a ton of reasons for that. Here's a few:
For there to be enough sales volume to justify new development and production of pieces for the new Hemi, non-racers will be the bulk of the buyers. Just like it was 40 or 50 years ago. And most street car guys will not be looking for big hard parts like blocks, cams, stoker kits for these new Hemis like they have been and still are for our old engines. And this thread is about lack of blocks for our much more popular old stuff.

Park your new R/T next to a 2nd gen R/T and look which gets the most attention at a car show. Especially from Mopar guys.

After you spend the coin to build up your new Hemi, you will then need to spend that much again on the drive train to hold the additional power.

While we still get some very good parts at reasonable prices at the salvage yards for our dinosaurs, there will not be much of that going on with the new stuff.

Most muscle car guys still can't tune a carb after all these decades and now you expect them to deal with electronics and computers? Dream on. Then there's Chrysler's closed architecture.

If handled wisely, our dinosaurs are an investment, more likely to appreciate than depreciate. What do you think happens to your new R/T's value when throw that blower on it, beat on it a few years and then want to sell it? How much of your money will you get back?

It takes much, much more of our disposable income today to play with these new toys than it did with the old ones. And household budgets matter to most of us. Frankly, far fewer guys have the time or the money to throw at beefing up these newer toys today. Especially given the depreciation involved.

Master, again and still