Quote:

Quote:

So now you want then to do both a B and an RB block when there are already good options out there thru Indy, Keith Black, and others.

I don't really have a dog in this fight since I'm likely stuck in the OEM block band-aid approach, but I'd like to know the truth behind what you said about existing aftermarket B & RB blocks.

This is what I've been hearing (right or wrong):
1. Indy aluminum - Available product, but poor QC; pay for a "finished" block and still have to have someone else fix the machine work

2. Keith Black aluminum - Great block... once it finally shows up. Unless you're the only game in town, that's a business model headed for disaster (again).

3. Koleno - Nice iron block, but not currently in production, nor any expected time for when it will be

4. MP Mega iron (1st generation) - Decent block, but long since gone from inventory and replaced by the...

5. World / MP block - Not a well finished product to begin with, plus lack of availability (World no longer contracted by MP to produce them?)

So, even for the "bread and butter" B / RB replacement blocks, what's really out there today?

You need to consider what's THE product that will generate enough sales volume to entice a company like Dart to get into the Mopar block market. Everything else that are way more niche applications are simply too obscure to take on and expect to be profitable.

Otherwise, this will get the same response from Dart as David Vizard gave when someone asked about him doing a Mopar-specific performance book: "Sorry, not going to happen!"

Your forgetting HP Performance,Dave has the same problem as KB getting casting from the foundry.
If your only gripe about the Indy blocks is the machine work from Indy then you can choose to buy the block unfinished and have your choise of machinist finish it as some of our customers have done.
The only problem we see with lobbying Dart or anyone to build blocks is the initial proposed quanity needed to justify the cost of molding and casting the first run would have to exceed the investment.In other words a realization of profit before taking the risk.