Quote:

Quote:

Has nothing to do w/Chrysler to me just don`t like the looks but ya never know.............

Everybody says use a mopar rear like a Dana 60, just wondering when mopar bought them?

Everybody, ??? one person implied, like out of 30, that is was a Mopar rear. Another person stated its a Truck rear.

Well, I think Most know its a DANA 60 , Made by Dana corp and used in both cars and trucks.

We don't need to be splitting hairs here, like some are doing.

As far as Im concerned, the Dana 60 can both be considered a Mopar "type" rear and a "truck" type rear. From its extensive use in Both.

When modified it can be considered a Race type rear, as well as the Ford 9" passenger/truck rear when modified.

I do understand through time that the Ford based 9" has made its way up to the "cream of the crop", when it comes to race rears with aftermarket parts.

Even with that said, While Ive never used one, ive heard and read good things about the 8.8 rears. I think Billy Glidden was using a Modified one.

Others have posted that there behind 634ci 5 second rides.

So this Thread about the 8.8 does have its Merits. I don think it should just be Dismissed right out of the gate. Lets get back to that

Last edited by Sport440; 11/30/14 08:25 PM.