Quote:

To be honest, I built a Dana 60 for my car back when it was a stickshift and I kept breaking 8-3/4 parts. I chose the Dana because I felt I could build it for cheap, and because I knew they came with pretty beefy factory posi units which I wanted to keep for a street car.

Thinking back though now that my car has become more "race oriented", a 9" seems like the way to go...Dropout third member, spool, good axles, and ring and pinion and your set...backbrace if you want to. Sometimes it just makes sense to use what is popular because, well, it is usually popular for a reason

That said, why the heck are people arguing about what was put in trucks for strength? Trucks don't care about weight when building for HD, but race cars do! With that logic, we should all have the corporate GM 14 bolts in our race cars

Different strokes for different folks

The reason, and I don't know how this EVER got started, is that there is a HUGE contingent of people out there, who think that ANY part that is not a mopar part, makes your car LESS of a Mopar for some reason. Every time these type threads come up, the "haters" come out. We get the "I would NEVER put a Ford under my car"............."I would NEVER put a glide in my car"............"I would NEVER use a one wire alt"........."I would NEVER run a cowl hood" and a long list of other things they would NEVER do. And it seems if you don't agree with that mentality, that not only makes your car "less" of a Mopar, but also labels you as not a REAL mopar guy.............

Aftermarket parts, that make your car BETTER, are aftermarket parts.........who gives a damn who made or designed them. Some guys that preach the above "NEVERS" have mono-leafs and Cal-Traks. Whats up with that. I don't recall seeing a factory Mopar with that setup, but for some reason that's fine. And the list of that type stuff goes on and on. I mean we have aftermarket K-members, SB-2......er I mean P-5 cylinder head motors, rack and pinion steering, coil overs, ladder bars and a myriad of normal type HOT ROD mods and that's all good, but heaven forbid you choose not to run the mighty DANA and 727 in your hot rod. And if you choose to not only use but praise the benefits of other brand parts........that REALLY puts you on the outside..............LOL!!!

Monte