Quote:

Quote:

I know a few who have built 60`s from scratch but I have no desire and am not fond of the look. I like backbraced rears under a car, less wt. and since Ferds are my second favorite cars, a 9" it is.

smart move

I've seen a lot more nine inch race type third members,using all non Ford components, being fixed at the NHRA National races by the traveling rear end professional guys than any Mopar type rear ends being fixed or swapped out To each thier own I remember when Jack Chrisman conned Jim Dunn and Joe Reath into being the guinney pig for his R&D on switching from the Olds, Pontiac and Mopar 8 3/4 rear ends in the old funny cars and top fuel cars to the nine inch Fords In todays world thier are no OEM Ford parts in any of the decent after market performing nine inch type rear ends, not even the housings I'm sure thier are reasons for most racers using them, not me I don't make enough power to break what I run now BTW, I can't afford them high dollar race parts like the race type Ford nine inch or 9.5 inch race rear ends anyways My 1940 Ford tudor street rod will have a Lincoln Versias 9 inch rear end in it with all the recommended good parts like a nodular third member and good aftermarkey front pinion support and maybe even a back brace, if Dom will pay for that part

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)