Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If cost is issue the nice thing about the 8 3/4 to Dana swap is parts. If you make the Dana 1" narrower than the current 8 3/4 the current ends can be cut off and reused, along with the axles and brakes. The stock gears will take a ton of abuse. Buy a used Dana that features a 4.10, cut it up and add spool, done.
Doug

You can put mopar ends on a nine inch and use your existing brakes and axles too.

The 9" obiviously enjoys huge aftermarket support. True those components would work, but would you use a factory 9" carrier? I'd bet not. How about using a stock unbraced 9" housing? I'm not up on the quality of the factory 9" gears. They may be usable? My point is the Dana is very stout in stock form and cheap.
Doug

You are putting a spool in the Dana so that's a wash. The factory gears are fine in 9" rears so if you find a 4.10 one you are the same. So it comes down to a back brace a $79.00 part. And you now have a rear that every race track will have parts for if you have problems.
My point is you can build either rear cheap if you want to, I would rather use a 9". It's stronger built right, more parts and gear availabililty, and weights less.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction