I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer I guess, so I just want to make sure I have all this straight.

Mopar in no way shape or form, owns ANYTHING that has to do with DANA corp. But Mopar realized that their "in house" rear, the 8.75 would not cut the mustard in their hi-po cars, so they contracted DANA to build a passenger car version of their vaunted DANA 60, to handle the power. The same design rear that has been installed in thousands and thousands of vehicles over the years, including GM, Ford, International and about any other maker you can think of. So to keep a Mopar a "real" Mopar, requires the install of a DANA.....ok, got that.

And it appears that my 9" Ford rear in my race car, is not a "real" Ford rear end, because it has all aftermarket parts even though the basic design in still 100% Ford.

My aftermarket powerglide, which is a GM designed trans, is not a "real" GM trans, because it has no factory internals.

And my all aftermarket Mopar motor, with INDY block, B-1 heads and not the FIRST part that actually came from Mopar, IS INDEED a "real" Mopar, because it is based on a Mopar "design"..............is that about the gist of it? Just want to make sure I am all correct here................LOL!!!.

Monte