A quick recap, since it looks like I found the problem.

1) Car was pulled into the garage with functioning 4 wheel drum brakes with a .960 manual disc brake master cylinder. No pedal problems.

2) In less than three hours the spindles were swapped out, new lines, rotors, reman calipers and pads were installed. The system was never allowed to bleed out.

3) Pedal quality was poor, multiple efforts to bleed out system with both helper and electric vacuum bleeder tool to no avail.

4) Swapped calipers from known good vehicle, pedal the same.

Tonight I installed a cast iron master cylinder with plastic reservoir and 2 to 4 bolt adapter from my '67 Dart (patiently waiting in the wings) which had manual disc/drum when I purchased it and it worked great. Don't even have an idea what year it is off, former owner mentioned late 80's truck and Autozone.

Did a half ass bleed with the unit in the car and then hooked up the lines. Bleed the master out again by cracking open the lines at the master with a helper.

Now I have an awesome pedal.

So, whats up with that?

Can't wait to road test, hope the ground is froze in the morning and I'll buzz it to work. Been raining here for several hours, driveway is mud pit.

"I think its got a hemi"