Quote:

when it acts up it will not pump up at all?

It doesn't "pump up" like a bad master or even like there is air in the system. If you let the pedal set it acts the same. Pumping the brake has no effect on the pedal height or stopping power.

It feels like something is flexing, like a hose is expanding or the pads are really not bedded in. I have had cars with crappy brake jobs sort of feel this way (heavy grooves on the rotors with new pads for example)

The pedal is in the normal position, it won't drop all the way to the floor but you have to really dig in to get the car to stop with authority and it feels soft. Only way I can think to describe it.

Activating the line lock makes the pedal virtually immobile during braking. I tried it on a road test to check the rears and they are working, the pedal is stout so what ever is going on is related to the calipers, pads or hoses on the other side of the line lock.

The master was not allowed to bleed out while I swapped the brakes over, didn't take much time in a shop with air and a lift with everything ready to go months ago.

"I think its got a hemi"