Converted my GTX over to 73-76 Dart/Duster disc brakes this weekend and the brake pedal seems like weak sauce. Rebuilt Autozone calipers, Wagner Thermoquiet semi-metalic pads, new rotors and new Wagner brake hoses.

Power bled the calipers with a electric vacuum pump and the old fashion way with an assistant. Clear bleeder hose shows nice clean fluid with no bubbles. Calipers are pointing the correct direction (bleeders UP)

Car has a '74 Disc brake master cylinder with no booster which was on the car when I was running the 11" drums and works fine. If I turn the line lock on and then hit the pedal its iron. If I heave on the pedal with the line lock off the pedal will go 5 or 6 inches down.

Driving the car is a pleasure, I can hit the brakes and the car doesn't dive about like it did with the old drum setup. The car doesn't lock up the brakes but I can stop in a hurry if I bury the pedal as hard as I can.

Admittedly, I only have about 40 miles on the brakes and perhaps the pads still need to be fully burnished in. I'll continue to drive the car and work the pads in but it seems to me even so the pedal could be better. I ran my Dart with the same setup decades ago and don't recall the pedal being this soft with a manual disc setup.

Inline Tube makes braided hoses for the front, good investment? For $60 shipped for the pair chump change that I don't mind spending.

"I think its got a hemi"