Quote:

Quote:

As far as the nitro cars go these rockets are breaching sanity and that's their primary draw. You start taming them then their popularity will dwindle.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Of the three top classes in NHRA, I think pro-stock is the most fun to watch BY FAR. Almost every run has both drivers make a clean, competitive pass. In TFD and funny car, very few runs have both drivers make a clean pass. Almost every nitro run has at least one driver, if not both, smoke the tires/get out of the groove/blow supercharger/etc.... If they would slow the nitro classes down the racing would be more competitive, it would cost less, there would be less breakage, there would be more teams, someone not named Schumacher or Force might win a title, and getting back to the original topic - less chance of racers/fans/track workers getting killed.

I love top fuel and funny cars, but I'd love them just as much if they ran in the fives or sixes.

You, Jeff, are the exception. Go to a national event and watch what happens after the fuelers are done running.