Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wheel tethers,fences-Nascar has 3500# cars hit the fence and bounce off.

NASCAR & Indy cars have also had their tires bounce OVER those catch fences and kill spectators. Catch fences are not a 100% solution. Did you see the footage of this crash? The tire was pretty low at first, just barely clearing the chest-high concrete wall. Then it hits something, either the unfortunate lady or the yellow truck, and at that point it starts bouncing sky-high. A wheel/tire that heavy and with that much inertia/momentum/energy is tough to contain. I'd rather focus my efforts on not letting the tire break away in the first place.

There are no 100% solutions as yes,accidents will always happen but I think a lot more can be done to improve safety.Look at all Nascar has done in recent years-safer barriers,complete new car,better seats,hans device etc.

As far as the nitro cars go these rockets are breaching sanity and that's their primary draw. You start taming them then their popularity will dwindle. That said, there is no reason why a better/stronger wheel/hub assembly cannot be devised.