Quote:

Quote:

They could easily design a wheel with larger studs and wider bolt spacings, or better yet (for example) a heavy gauge plate (like a stud girdle) held on with a seperate set of bolts to the wheel that goes over the studs to prevent the nut from backing all the way off. There's no reason what happened yesterday couldn't happen again next sunday....or for that matter DIDN'T HAPPEN LAST SUNDAY

does anyone know why Pro stock was postponed to be run Saturday at the Gatornats?

If they said why they ran Fuel cars but no P/S I must have missed it

Why not just tighten the wheels correctly, then they wouldnt sheer or pull the studs .

Some of you don't have clue...

I wrecked at the finish line at 240 MPH at the NHRA nats at Col oH in 2003. tHE REAr tire bounced into the air several hundred feet and landed on a NHRA truck, destroyed the hood. Luckly it didn't hit anyone. How can you keep it from coming off? It tore 3 wheels off of my car, I was clocked at 225MPH going thru the traps backward after hitting the wall first. The lug nuts weren't loose!! Part of the wheel stayed bolted to the car.
The NHRA closed the track early that year, Same lane, same day Jason Line crashed Gregs pro stock car and 3 other sportsman cars in the same left lane.

Accidents happen at car races, it sucks. If it bothers you don't go.

RIP to the person killed.