Quote:

i don't think the average fan has any idea of just how violent these TF cars are, participants generally understand and accept the risks involved. TF has been the premiere drag racing class and in principle limiting them just doesn't seem right. that said they really should put some severe restrictions on the class. as mentioned single mag, fuel pump/blower size etc. i don't know if they're still using the rev limiter but for those engines that's a bad idea. i'm sure a lot of people would object but personally i believe overall it would be better for the sport as a whole. the costs associated with TF have escalated to the point it's severely hurting the class. limiting the class would provide larger fields, greater safety and they would still put on a good show, maybe even go back to 1320. i don't know what happened but it seems they've had trouble over the years with cars shucking tires/wheels and having one of those monstrous things flying around something like this was bound to happen. i know they made changes to the wheels but maybe they're still not strong enough. i doubt fences are the answer even if they limit the class parts could still easily clear any reasonable fence. they should make changes to reduce the potential for cars shucking parts in the first place. it's a shame but it's time to really tighten down on the output of these cars...imho it would do more good than harm.

Well....I was trying to keep my mouth shut....but that's hard for me. The NHRA has turned into the organization everyone loves to hate. Esspecially those like me who are members. But from a small piece of the show like me, it seems they just want to hang around and collect money. Guys like Force, Medlen and Head do the leg work and spend the money for the NHRA, when it comes to safety. And that just names a few. I still can't figure out why the sportsman racer is the one being forced to take classes like the new one for oil and hazardous waste disposal before being able to compete in a national event. When the economy dips, they charge the sportsman, and at the same time cut the pay of their employees. Just a guess, but I'd bet Compton and Light didn't. So if they limit the fuel cars (blower size, single mag, fuel pumps etc) will that insure there will never be another terrible accident at a drag race? Hell no, but it would get us back to drag racing at 1320ft and IMO is needed for that, if nothing else. And they need to find their collective wallets instead of expecting people like Wilkerson to do it for them for nothing. They always try to treat the symptom instead of fixing the sickness, or the line of least resistance. The bottom line is, until the upper managment are thrown out on their ears, things will remain the same. I could go on for days, so I'll stop with that, because I still love this stupid sport.