realistically, an XV level 1 front and rear setup (optimized factory setup) with some 17-18" rims and good tires (say, a BFG KDW, michelin pilot sport, or Bridestone potenza RE050) will be more than enough suspension for 99% of the drivers out there and should pull ~1G or a little more on a skidpad.

you're looking at $2300+ rebuild parts, and maybe some tubular A arms (if you need/want more caster) for front and rear suspension....

of course, with an alterKtion you get rack and pinion steering, better header clearance (which doesn't buy you much without custom headers anyway), and potentially cheaper big brake upgrades.

if it were me, if you're just looking for crisp, modern street handling/feel, I'd seriously look into the XV level 1, some 17" rims with 235/55R17's or 255/50R17's (or 18" with 235/50, or 255/45R18) and a firm feel stage 3 steering box.

if you're looking to upgrade the brakes, I'd go for Dr. Diff's 13" front and 12" rear kits that utilize a lot of stock late model mustang components (calipers, etc), so replacement parts are easy to find.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)