Quote:

Im pretty sure I could make it a lot ligter than a new Challenger. Also, fitting big wheels and tires would not be a problem. I am not afraid to fab and modify at all.

I woudl most certainly get rid of the body flex via mist probably a full cage.

Why XV over Alterk? I know this has been beat to death, but really, I have never heard any solid facts.

Well, you said,
Quote:

I wonder how an old E body with all the tricks would stand against a 2009 Challenger.

If you are trying to get that last little bit of refinement, ride, and performance to match or exceed a new Challenger SRT-8... the XV stuff has the all the trick goods. Stuff like aluminum spindles, aluminum upper control arms, aluminum engine cradle, alumiunum lower control arms...

That's going to lower your unsprung weight and total weight.

It's not like the Alterkion stuff is bad for handling. It's really quite good for what it is and costs. But if you want the triple throw down, super trick, exotic stuff I think that's XV. It's a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison.

Even with a cage the XV radiator support, strut/cowl brace, and inner fender support are going to help. The inner fender support deal should be tied into your cage and the other end of that plate.

Regardless of the suspension, I thought getting the V10 to fit between the E-body firewall and radiator support is a task in itself.