Quote:

Hi!

I have been looking and the Alterktion front end kit and also they new rear suspension kit with triangulated 4 bars and coil overs.

I want o build a modern day musclecar with a viper drivetrain.

I was wondering if the front and rear Alterktion suspension and steering will make an old musclecar like an an E body or 68-69 Charger handle real good like a newer car.

Or will handling be just marginally improved over stock?

I would plan on doing some majour unibody stffening, maybe even a full cage, and the front and rear alterktion kit plus some real good brakes and 17" o 18" wheels with some serious tires.

I dont want to spend a ton on suspoension mods, a 500 hp modern drivertain, a 6 speed....and end up having thrown a lot of money on a car that looks cool but handles like a bulldozer.

If that will be the case, Id rather just keep it old school, which is cool as well.....and just get a newer car like a 2010 Camaro, Newer Challenger, or a vette.

I wonder how an old E body with all the tricks would stand against a 2009 Challenger.

Opinions????

Quote:

I want o build a modern day musclecar with a viper drivetrain.

For chassis fitment for a Viper V10 motor with headers, exhausts, oil pan... Something like an alterkion is really the way to go. Probably the only way to go really, beyond the handling aspect of it.

But sure it will handle great with choosing the good shocks, 6 piston caliper option, and some stiff springs.

I don't think the rear link is as big a benefit for your particular situation as the front. But finding the right leaf springs can be expensive. A link rear can be adjusted easier, if you know what you what and why you are adjusting it. Also springs can be swapped easier and cheaper, same for front too. The link rear probably fits your "build" and "theme" also.

Will it handles as good as a stock SRT-8 Challenger? If you can get it to weigh 500 lbs less and get as wide or wider rubber on it, it may be able to generate as good skid pad numbers. It most likey will not be as "refined".

It will not ride as quiet or smooth as the SRT-8. The Challenger as an independent rear that help ride a lot. And it does'nt have a B piller to support the window, nor as tight of body structure, nor an interior made of trash can material .

If you really want to most modern best of all worlds deal IHMO you need to look into a XV level 2 full bore deal.