And it wasn't just me out at RORP - at 0730 that morning I'm out at the barn loading up the Dak and I hear "Hi Dad" coming from my 5yr-old smile - she wandered out and found me, and asked 'what are you doing'?, and I said I'm taking the truck out to the off-road park for a test, and she asked 'can I go with you'?, and I thought about it and said 'sure'!...but as I thought about it some more I thought...maybe we can all go - asked the wife and sure enough we packed up everyone in both the Dak and the wife's new trail machine; we just picked up a really nice 08 Wrangler JKU, and between it an the Dak we were able to very comfortably bring the whole family, including the 5, 3, and 2 yr-old's, and we all had a genuine blast. The 2 and 3 yr-old's rode with mom in her new Jeep, and the oldest rode with me in the Dak, and it was the very first time the whole family wheeled a trail together...and I gotta say it was absolutely delightful smile . The whole point of being in this silly sport has always been to have the whole family infected...I mean influenced by extraordinary fun that comes from this silly sport, and so far the evil plan is working! smile

Sadly, one of our club members owned/built up this JKU, and he had very tragically passed away, and long story short his Jeep became available, and as it turns out we were simply at the right place at the right time, and we were able to pick up the Jeep at a good price. I am really happy that I don't have to spend years building it up - it's already 'there', and it is nearly exactly what we would have built for the wife, and she loves it. It's an '08 JKU, not a Rubicon (no loss there), with a Dynatrac ProRock 44 front and a ProRock 60 rear (with 5.13s...and ARBs - yuck...), on 37s, and a full host of armor. We're intending to swap out the ARB's for Grizzlys asap, but other than a base unit GMRS radio that'll probably about the only thing we'll change...potentially for a long time. Meanwhile, pics -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Mad-Max; 09/26/23 02:33 PM.

71 Demon (project): 318, A-833od, 8-3/4, 3.23's
14 Wrangler JKU M-380 "Kilroy" (under construction): Magnum 360, 46rh, Atlas4, D60/14b-5.38s-Grizzlys, 40s
07 Ram 3500 MegaDually 4x4 "Big Mack": 5.9 6BT, G56 'Toy Hauler'
52 Willys M-38 "Poncho"