I hear what you're saying and it's certainly worth noting, tho I stand fast that, at those steep angles having the baffle fully welded to retain more oil is more important than having holes to allow some oil (if any) to get back into the pan at those steep angles. The majority of the oil can't return to the sump until the engine levels out no matter which pan or baffles are used - it has to level out at which point all of whatever is sloshing around up front will just return as normal. However, I imagine there may be 'some' of the oil shedding out of the bottom end that is diverted 'away' from the sump, but I think that is less a problem than having the sump nearly uncovered. If the baffle isn't fully sealed (welded) all the way around then at steep downhill angles that much more oil would just seep out, leaving less in the sump for running/start-up - in my mind having those holes won't allow enough oil back in to warrant having them. No oil can return directly into the sump until the engine levels out, and to me...while having holes in the baffle weld might enable oil to return into the sump a little bit sooner, the fact those same holes would allow oil to escape outweigh the benefits of the majority of it being retained in the pan.

Last edited by Mad-Max; 04/06/23 04:59 PM.

71 Demon (project): 318, A-833od, 8-3/4, 3.23's
14 Wrangler JKU M-380 "Kilroy" (under construction): Magnum 360, 46rh, Atlas4, D60/14b-5.38s-Grizzlys, 40s
07 Ram 3500 MegaDually 4x4 "Big Mack": 5.9 6BT, G56 'Toy Hauler'
52 Willys M-38 "Poncho"