Originally Posted by mattsmopars
The other car was posted by Micheal Coronet and is supposed to be a 6k mile race car out of Michigan.
Matt

Matt,

could this car posted by you already be one in my list? Cars #3 (went through Mecum 2018) and #43 (1990 NHOA) are also black.

The #3-car would even match interior (red).

Do not know int.color of #43, so there is a chance that is also red.

EDIT: took a deeper look at the #3 car, which is very well documented to me, and came to the conclusion it is NOT the same car as the black one posted by you @mattsmopars. They coincidentally wear the same wheels (slotted cops with poverty caps) and have the same color, but that`s it.

If we start with the color, it is close to a satin-black, nowhere near a glossy black. Especially as matts pic is quite old, the paint should have been far more shiny...looks like a poor respray to me.

Most important, the #3 car was a Canadian-delivered car still wearing the dealers-badge on the upper-left trunklid...no such enblem at the car posted by Matt and chances are low the car is also a Canadian delivery one.

The more I look at "Matts" car, the more I doubt it has a red interiour, but what at first glance made me think so, is just a reddish building that is mirroring in the windows. So what I thought was a red passenger door-panel and bench-seat was not. Also package-tray/rear or rear-seat shows nothing red. Plus dashboard and upper door frames are not red, but a dark colour. Instead the #3 car with its documented red interior has a red dash and red upper door-frames. So I am 70:30 sure, these 2 cars are not the same and "Matts" car has no red interiour. I might guess it is an automatic-car (whilst #3 is 4spd ), cause if you look at the aftermarket steering-wheel, above the right spoke is something that looks like a leaver of a colum-shift. Any input welcome.

Last edited by TobiasM; 05/17/23 11:59 AM.

Thanks and best regards,

Toby