Originally Posted by cudaman1969
I can’t remember what time of the year but probably fall of 66. I was in high school (17) and across street at the pharmacy-doctors building I saw my first Hemi car, 1966 Belvedere I, red, red interior, auto, plain Jane, black wall tires, poverty caps. Driven by a nurse. Everyday I made a point of looking at it. Later on about ten years later someone said it was just sitting behind a house in next county. I tried to find it for a few years then gave up. Fast forward to today, 3 years ago a 66 Belvedere II hemi fell into my lap. My first Hemi car, amazing I think! To me the Bel I is the top prize (I love all post cars).

A friend of mine had an original 66 post Plymouth he bought without the drivetrain. We finally found all the engine pieces and about the time I was ready to build the engine he decided to sell the car. I really screwed up and didn’t try to but it. It was pristine inside and out. I’m guessing the motor was used in another project and the car left behind when my friend bought it.

I love them too as well as most of the low line cars compared to the high cars.