Originally Posted by IROC78
Hi Toby. My apologies as I was unable to see your chart last time I posted, but I do see it now. Correct, my dad had a dark blue metallic/blue interior 4 speed car. It did have a heater and radio, but was a rubber mat car. He bought it at Grand Central Plymouth in Chicago. Unfortunately he rolled it in 1968 racing a Corvette on his way to pick up my mom on their first date. It rolled multiple times, both end over end and sideways. His insurance company, which I do remember him telling me was Banner Mutual, sent it to a hack body shop and once he got it back he said it was nowhere near right. He said the paint looked like it had been applied with a roller, and the headliner was hanging down. Not too long after he traded it in to a used car dealer on Ogden Ave in Downers Grove IL where he got $50.00 towards the purchase of the used Corvair he was buying for my mom.
He's told me stories about his car for my entire life, and it was just a year ago or so when he finally found a couple of pictures. I don't have a scanner, but I will have someone scan them and then post them here. Unfortunately he has no other records that would provide any further information on the car. It is almost identical to the 4 speed car Scotti has/had. My dad is pretty certain his car couldn't still possibly be around, but that is just speculation on his part due to how rough of condition it was in when he let it go. He told me he remembers exactly where he was when it turned over 100K miles, and that the Hemi was still going strong. Thanks Toby!

Thanks @IROC78, that is some good additional info! Especially because it was in such a hefty accident, the VIN# would be good to know: if the car (or the VIN#) is still arround, a buyer can check if the seller states correctly that this was an "in-accident-car" or if the VIN# was transfered to another hull ("re-body").

BTW: 100k mls for a HEMI-car is something...mostly these when on the market are claimed all to have under-100k-mls-actual, most even with very rediculously low mileages. Also proofs, that the HEMI is a solid piece of engeneering: if driven/maintained correctly, it holds up!

Thanks and best regards,

Toby