Originally Posted by IROC78
Thank you for helping clear up the emblem mystery! I am going to show these pictures to my dad and see if it jogs any memories. He doesn't recall when he ordered or took delivery of the car. He was either 18 or19 when he took delivery of it (depending on the date) so I guess I will cut him some slack for not remembering all these years later. It's odd how our memory works though as he could tell me the exact street he was on when the odometer rolled over too 100K and he backed up so he could see it turn over again. He did tell me that at the time he didn't have the money to buy all four mag wheels at once so that's why only the fronts were on it. He doesn't recall why the plastic was on the back portion of the front seat other than to possibly protect it but it seems to me the lower portion of the seat would be more in need of protection than the upper.

I am on agreement with you on the beltline molding. I have a 66 Coronet Deluxe and it has similar beltline molding, but my 67 Belvedere II has no side molding other than on the rocker and I definitely prefer that look. My Coronet is just as bare bones as my dad's car was with no trim around the 1/4 window either.

The Savoy was my dad's friends car. Thank you cudaman for identifying it by year as my dad couldn't recall the specifics on that car other than that it was a 6cyl column shift that his friend converted to a floor shift. Thank you also for sharing the photo of your friends 100K mile hemi car as it is absolutely beautiful!

Tobias, do you happen to have a 66 Belvedere I hemi car yourself or did you just undertake the task of trying to document all of the ones that were built?

So the only problem I see with participating in this thread is that I see myself becoming obsessed with finding a 66 Belvedere I to build into a replica of his car.

Thank you again for shedding some light on a few unknowns regarding this car I really do appreciate it.

@my mission: both! Mostly driving me is the phenomenon, that to my knowledge in the very well documented “HEMI-sphere” nobody covered these very special 66 Plymouths yet.

The 68 BO/LO’s, the 67 RO/WO’s and the 65 RO/WO’s all are very well documented. But the hottest MOPAR of 66 did get no love yet.

@your Dad’s memory to new-car-delivery: it is quite simple, deduct your fathers year of birth from 1966 and you know how old your father was.

You can add some months to his age, if he received this 66model-car early (“HP2”-enblems) means somewhere arround Oct.1965 to Jan 1966. Was is cold/winter, before Christmas /NewYear when he received it?

Or was it warm(er), with plants and animals all over, then it was spring/summer 1966 and he receive a later car (“426HEMI”-enblems).

Last edited by TobiasM; 10/05/22 10:57 AM.

Thanks and best regards,

Toby