Hi @mattsmopars!

Thanks for hinding to Jim Owens car „CANDY MAN“.

Though this had been on my list already (#33), we might take the chance to put some more light to it: most prefereably get the VIN or any infos on the whereabouts.

Though this car looks pretty professional by ist appearance, I was not able to find much info neither on the car or the driver.

BUT I got 2 hinds that might help the community:

1) The photo was reportedly taken in the parking lot of „Blair`s Speed Shop“, see post@FB from „Pete Eastwood“. Anyone knows this shop? Or has a FB-account and could ask „Pete Eastwood“ for more infos? Photo was posted on FB by „Jeff McKee“, see following link, info on the photo-location is in the comments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/futuresonics55chev/permalink/2761632944106033/

2) Jim Owens might eventually be the same Jim Owens that wrote the book „The Legend of the Dysartsville Plymouth“. If so, he grew up in Western North Carolina, near the Blue Ridge Mountains. At the hamlet of Dysartsville 3 counties met: Rutherford County, Burke County, and McDowell County. Dysartsville was known for making moonshine. And the „Dysartsville Plymouth“ was a 63 Plymouth 2-door with a Hemi and pushbutton-auto, cranking around 600hp and carrying „moonshine“. That car was famous to be „the fastest car arround“, leaving the police way behind and – if not on m/s-duty – doing some streetracing. Jim Owens heard of this „unbeatable“ car and wanted to challenge it.

I wonder with what…maybe withis his 66 „Candy Man“-Belvedere?

ISBN of that book is e.g. 978-1984510464. Pic of the cover attached: very promising, with that bespoke 63 „unbeatable“ Plymouth and a 389-Tri-Power GTO.

Author Jim Owens can be found @FB: https://www.facebook.com/jimowens48/

So: anybody knows of Jim Owens and his 66 Belvedere „Candy Man“?

1966 Belvedere I HEMI_Jim Owens_CANDY MAN.jpg1966 Belvedere I HEMI_Jim Owens_CANDY MAN_comment.jpgDysartsville Plymouth_ Owens, Jim.jpg
Last edited by TobiasM; 12/31/22 08:54 AM.

Thanks and best regards,

Toby