Matt,

another nice score and quite worth a discussion is this drag-car “Daikens&Gray”:

- I personally do not think it is the same as the blue car (#5 in my list) you mentioned, though both have enlarged rear-wheel-wells.

- Reason is that the outlines of the rww are different and that those of the blue car are not only enlarged in diameter, but also widened out a good 1 inch at least. A good spot to spot this is the rear-section of the rww, were it merges into the rear-quarter-panel.

- In contrast, the front-fender-wheel-well seems to be less wide on the blue car but a wider one on “Daikens&Gray”. Are there smaller and wider front-fenders, maybe a difference between 66 vs. 67 cars and/or Belvedere/Satellite-cars? If so, the “D&G” car might be a 67car or might be dressed up with fenders not original to a 66 Belvedere I.

- Final point that those 2 cars are not the same is, that they are not the same color. The blue car is bright-blue (solid) from factory and has had only 1 color-change to medium-blue (metallic) that it still wears today. For comparison, I attached a photo of the medium-blue-metallic #5 in nearly the same position as “your” D&G-car and turned it into a b/w-photo: no match at all!

Even a worse match if you look at the 2nd pic I attached: there I turned the original light-blue color of #5 to b/w (car is for comparison only and neither #5 nor a real RL21H6)...that look very light in color, nearly white.

As 3rd pic I turned a bright-red (solid) car into b/w...comes closer.

Final 4th pic shows the 67 Judy Lilly (RIP) car when it was found. It also has round/enlarged rww’s and the brownish-metallic color is much closer to “your” D&G-car. So conclusion for me is thet D&G must have been a dark(er) color and (because of no “grainy-ness” when turned into b/w) it was a SOLID paint.

So which and what is the D&G-car???

Maybe the 67 Judy Lilly car? Maybe a 66 RL21H6?

I see the “426 HEMI”-badges on the correct spot @front fenders. I do not see neither a (66) nor a (67) “Belvedere I” enblem on the ff’s and I also do not see neither the 66 lower beltline-trim nor the 67 sill-plate. A lot is “mixed” at the G&D car.

Www-research was also without any results to me for the D&G-car.

There is sth. written on the upper part of the ff I could not clearly deciffer...this did not search for...reads like “Bezttu Woods”!?

popcorn

FB9BD727-4B62-4D4C-A67F-5CFF740A935C.jpeg
metallic-blue (#5-car)

7B927E1D-4039-4A4E-9197-6570153A6892.jpeg
light-blue solid (orig.col.of #5)

6871704D-A0E7-448B-92B4-4F265785198C.jpeg
bright-red (solid)

58A66F98-F9FB-4311-ADD2-8A8FE8CA324B.jpeg
brownish-metallic (67 JL-car “as found”)

Last edited by TobiasM; 01/09/23 06:58 AM.

Thanks and best regards,

Toby