Originally Posted by hotairballoonpilot
I don't have the VIN but there was a red 4 speed one in Sioux Falls for years. Friend of my dad restored it in the mid 80's. Name is Randy Rist. If I remember right Dick Hanson who was a local racer that dad raced with in the late 60's early 70's drove a SS 68 cuda named Hairbender. It seems to me that the hemi in the cuda blew up. Dick bought the 66 Hemi Belvedere I for the engine. The car sat at dick's house and Randy who at the time had a white 66 Belvedere II 4 speed car bought the red car. Not sure where the motor came from but Randy had the body redone. Dad helped him get the hemi going after the body shop painted it. At the time the shop could not get the actual paint code mixed so they painted Garnet Red Poly from like 85 chrysler. It was the same color that dad was painting his 69 satellite convertible at the dealership he worked at. Both cars got done pretty close to the same time frame. The Hemi car made its maiden voyage from Centerville SD to Sioux City Ia and the 1st or 2nd annual Mighty Mopar Revival car show. Dad drove the white car and another friend drove randy's other car a white 69 runner. On the trip back to Centerville Randy gave me a ride in the red car. At 12 years old I was ear to ear on that ride. Randy ended up selling the car years later. I believe it was in a magazine at one point after he sold it and then it went through Scottsdale. When Randy had it he had painted up a set of cop car wheels with no hub caps on it. At that time it had I believe GrandAm radial tires on it. If I come across any old photos of it I will try to scan them.

Also thanks for your input, @hotairballoonpilot!

So the car you describe might hopefully be the 5th red/4spd-car. Any more infos on it? Because 3 of the red/4spd-cars in my list (#1, #14, & #22) might be “your” car.

- VIN of #1 is RL21H67196610: went trough mecum.com (Jan 2020 in Kissimee, Lot S240)
- VIN of #14 is RL21H67275421: was a “basket case” offered in 2011/2012 on ebay and in 2019 on FBBO
- #22 is the former Don Grotheer car (no VIN known to me).

Last edited by TobiasM; 01/09/23 05:25 AM.

Thanks and best regards,

Toby