Thanks for the replies...
I had tortured my mind over the Weiand intake for at least a year, since I saw one with the F&B direct port injection 3x2 setup. I asked on this forum if the Weiand would fit, and was told in 2 separate posts by the same guy that his friend he used to go to the track with had a 440, 70 Roadrunner, N96, and it fit, even with the airbox, but the airbox had to be trimmed.
So I bought one, and I'm happy to say it's a nice example of that intake, but the damn thing doesn't fit under my N96 hood.
Now I got the hood a few years ago from AMD, and it's been paint matched perfectly to my car. So I was expecting it to fit.
I'm going to have a QA1 K-member and front suspension system installed starting June 10th, along with a good bit of other parts and systems. I would consider ALL options related to that, like spacers, to raise the body relative to the engine, but I think to get 4" additional clearance is going to cause other problems that would make it a bad choice.
I want the N96 setup, and the Weiand intake, but the only way I can think to achieve that would be to raise the power bulge in my hood.
I'm open to suggestions.
Yes, the BME aluminum block is Bill Mitchell and the new blocks that they started making late 2019.

Last edited by BiomedTechGuy; 04/21/21 03:03 PM.