Originally Posted by BiomedTechGuy
I'd really like the details of what "well massaged" means regarding your Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake. I have considered doing a knife edge Vanke modification to the dual plane.

I sent it to Dave Hughes, and he took it as far as they currently know how too. It flows a lot of air now. In fact, there is a back to back comparission between the 6 pack and a single 4 bbl intake on Hughes Dyno Page for the motor.

I initially had my Indy EZ's done by them as well, but after a valvetrain instability issue with hydraulic rollers; I ended up having Dwayne Porter rebuild the heads and remove some epoxy from the roof of the intake ports just behind the Max Wedge bump and set them up for a mechanical roller.

If I were to experiment with another Edelbrock 6 pack intake, I would buy one from Wilson with their full competition porting.

As it is now, I'm running a "350 CFM" center carb on my set-up. I do have a new "500 CFM" center carb sitting on my work bench to try some day, but I get amazingly good mileage and responsiveness with the "350 CFM" carb now. It already has plenty of power for what I use it for.

Last edited by jbc426; 01/18/20 04:37 PM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)