Originally Posted by BiomedTechGuy
Thank you for the kind remarks.
You may be responsible for sending me back into madness!! Let me explain...
I am haunted by the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake. To me, it's a thing of beauty and function. I came very close to buying one, a few months ago, and just thinking about it kept me awake at night. I was just offered another one that is very clean, and already has the Chrysler Performance bulletin mods done to it...
I thought, FOR SURE, that it would NOT FIT even with a modified N96 Air Grabber.
Let me address my current state of my Air Grabber, and how important it is to me. I have always thought the trap door style vacuum actuated Air Grabber is the, THE most awesome fresh air setup of the ENTIRE muscle car era! Not only does it function well, but it looks amazing, fully deployed and in the act of opening. I have the composite material air box off of a 70 Roadrunner, and a few other parts. There is still quite a bit I need to complete it. I sold my non-N96 hood because I'd never go back to that and I have the hood you see, bought new from AMD and beautifully paint matched to my car.
So PLEASE, in as much detail as possible, tell me that you know for sure that the N96 setup can be used with the Weiand, and a sealed airbox albeit modified can also be part of that assembly, and I will go ahead and get the Weiand, because honestly, that is the intake I really want. The Weiand also looks awesome set up with the F&B 3x2 throttle body direct port injection system, and the DPI completely eliminates the inherent fuel droplet/distribution/ puddling issues and has GOT to be a great performing combination, although I would start with my Promax modded Holley 2bbl carbs.
I anxiously await your reply.

Those throttle bodies are somewhat shorter than carbs. That would help in you quest to use that intake with the N96 airbox

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.