Thanks for the replies.
I realize the current 315/35/17 Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials are not ideal for the track. I am having traction problems now with my warmed over 440+6bbl. They are my "I just ordered 9" aluminum Rallye wheels (8" wide front) and let me guess what the widest drag radial will fit" tires, and they are going to be on those wheels as I add: Hydramax hydraulic throwout bearing, HitMaster launch control system, Calvert split mono leaf springs, Assassin traction bars, sliders, and double adjustable Viking rear shocks.
Once all of my new rear suspension and traction aids are in place, and the line lock is going in in February along with a new QA1 K-member and front suspension I've owned for over a year, and 4 wheel 6 caliper Wilwood disc brakes, and the rear suspension asap (by February if I can swing the $$$). That would be ideal if I can get the rear suspension installed along with everything else.
Then I'll look at what I have traction wise. I expect them to work with my current motor. Bias ply MT drag tires are likely going to be my track only attempt to get hooked, either sooner if all of those additions fail to hook with my current motor and tires, but certainly with a 6XX-7XX HP and torque stroker motor. If I hook up with the 315s, I may try the 345/40/17s next anyway.