EDIT: I went ahead and scratched an itch and bought a Weiand P3690982 6bbl low profile tunnel ram. Later in this thread, a forum member says that the Weiand will fit under a modded (trimmed) air box of a 70 N96 Roadrunner Air Grabber. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS? I will be able to soon enough, but I'm asking. Thanks
I've read numerous outstanding posts, articles, reviews, and YouTube videos looking for options.
I'm looking for suggestions, warnings, direction, experience, LOTS of experience, like "WHAT IS IT LIKE DRIVING A 70 B-BODY WITH 600-700 HP and Torque provided by a NA 3x2 carbureted FIVE FOURTY ONE cu in stroker. Passon Performance 5 speed manual.
My "racing" is strictly Wednesday Test and Tune night and weekend, but my 70 Roadrunner is mostly for local monthly cruise in car shows and a couple of longer distance shows I drive to, like the 2 hour each way trip to the Battleship Alabama, Wellborn Museum, and I may do a Mopar Road Trip like their Mopar only "Power Tour". EVERY year I will drive up and down the Mississippi Gulf Coast for an ENTIRE WEEK at Cruisin the Coast, lots of stop and go traffic.
I have a trailer if the trip is too far, or until I am comfortable that I'm not likely to break anything.
Aluminum aftermarket block, solid FLAT TAPPET cam, minimal chance of breakage, minimal maintenance. Power output will be whatever it is within the boundaries set forth: So here are the things I will NOT debate or compromise on: 3x2 Promax modded Holley carbs and any aluminum intake that will allow me to keep the N96 Air Grabber setup on my 70 Roadrunner. If I have to trim it, bend it, cut it, that's OK, but I want a functional Air Grabber. I'm keeping the Passon 5 speed. It's supposed to be able to EASILY handle 700 continuous ft lbs of torque.
So that's basically it. Street friendly, but an aftermarket aluminum block to save weight, add a major WOW factor, and most importantly I'm not going to be worried about splitting a block in the case of a factory block walking its upper limits. I don't mind checking lash a couple of times a year, and turning a few screws on my 6bbl. I would love to move to the F&B direct port injection 3x2 throttle body injection system in the future, which will increase CFM from 1350 (2bbl) up to 2,400 CFM.
No solid rollers because I don't want to worry about them coming apart or having to be rebuilt, and I don't expect to have excessive spring pressure, so solid flat tappet lifters should work fine.
I'm guessing the only 2 intakes to consider that will work within my 3x2 and N96 hood boundaries is the Indy ModMan and the Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake.
Thanks for your help and I await your replies!

20191124_145848.jpg20191124_133109.jpg20191012_113801.jpg
Last edited by BiomedTechGuy; 01/09/20 12:51 AM. Reason: Added a question