Originally Posted by varunner
My original plan was to use the QFT plate and make it easy to change the main jets. Then when I have the jet size figured out, I could modify the stock plate and put it back in. The rule book says you can modify the fuel and air passages. So I don't know if it's a big stretch or not, but it would make things much more servicable if I can leave the QFT plate in there and also use replaceable air bleeds.

The plate did come with a modified float. I don't like it as I'm not confident of what the float level is. It's a different design and I don't think the factory dimension applies. This added to the fact the bowel has no sight plugs or externally adjustable floats makes hard to know where the level really. In the FSM they show a cool site glass that use one of the bowl screw holes as a source.

I like the idea of the 6 pack plate.

I'm still trying to understand just how the secondary idle air bleed, idle restriction and slot are supposed to work. Is it really a secondary transfer system ?
look into the 6pak plate and the option of using short drilled 6-32 brass set screws for removable jets; available on amazon. I don't think that would be difficult and the "jet" entry point would be lower in the fuel bowl than the QF plate which would be a plus on the secondary side. the only real plus I see with the QF plate is jet extensions if needed.

Last edited by lewtot184; 04/26/20 10:19 AM.