That advice came straight from AED. I spoke with the head tech guy. His advice on a drag only car, if foot-braking use a PV, leaving on a 2-step as I do, remove the power valve. As I have mentioned, this carb has no big problems. There are 3 areas where I want to improve.

First improve the idle quality and reduce the tendency to die when placed in gear. Still in the middle of this. I

After launching, there is what I will call a flat spot. Not a bog. You can see it on an rpm graph. It's not significant, but it's there. I've tried pretty much all the different vac pod springs.

Fine tune the A/F at wot. It started very lean, now it averages 13.0 so I'm getting close. The left and right are always different, that's why I've mentioned staggered jetting.

Originally Posted by lewtot184
taking the power valve out is like giving the carb a lobodomy. whoever the dumbass is that told you to do that quit talking to him!!!!! that puts the carb in the power circut full time. don't do that on the primary side UNLESS the engine won't make enough vacuum to use a power valve; your engine makes enough vacuum. this could very well be part of your problem; maybe most of it. there is a proper way to remove the power valve and i'll bet it's not done correctly. tune power thru the power valve channel restrictions not the jets.

the service bulletin i have doesn't give any staggered jetting. it does give some crummy advice for tuning the accelerator pump system. those iron intakes don't flow much air and i do think they have distribution issues. the only correct way to tune for this is EGT at each exhaust port or knowing how to read the plugs after a run. i think you have other issues to deal with first.