whether you chose to complete a secondary idle circuit or not is your choice but I did do some more thinking. the quick fuel plate you have does have an idle jet, IIRC .036"; or at least the ones I have do. I don't like those plates because they wouldn't let the float in my 6pak end carbs work freely. I know you have side pivot floats so that may not be an issue. if you look at the fuel passages from the jets to the booster discharge tubes on the QF plates they are of small volume, like 600 or 750 holleys. the instructions I had said to install the plates directly to the bowl gasket/carb body; not using the spacer plate and gasket that holley uses. this allows the bowl gasket to squish inside those runners consuming more runner volume. so, the secondary system is much larger, throttle bore/venturi, with more air flow but doesn't have the fuel passage volume of the primary. so what was gained? if it were me i'd rather have something like a factory 6pak plate which has much larger runner volume, using the factory spacer plate and gasket which also has a .036" idle jet and some are .093" which I think is about all you need. this would be similar to factory stock. to my knowledge all the big vacuum carbs, holley 3bbl/6paks, came with the larger runner volume plates.